National Employment Council for the Engineering and Iron and Steel Industry
NEC Engineering Iron and Steel is an Employment Council Established in terms of Section 56 and registered in terms of Section 59 of the Labour Act [Chapter 28.01].
NEC Engineering is a representative body of employer and employee organizations. It is a bipartite labor body specifically dealing with labor-related issues.
The NEC is mandated with the responsibility of advancing social justice and democracy in the workplace by ensuring adherence to fair labor practices.
Our company provides a full spectrum of work of any level of complexity. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals, who have been in the industry for no less than 6 years. We have gained extensive experience while solving the most complex technical and organizational tasks, what allows us to provide you with the best service.
Monday- Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm
Over 70 Years Experience
We have over 70 years experience striving to provide an enabling environment to investment through promotion of industrial harmony in the workplace, continuous- training of its members and offer effective and expeditious management of industrial disputes.
Parties to the NEC are:
- National Engineering Workers Union (NEWU – employee party)
- Progressive Engineering Metal Trades and Allied Workers Union Of Zimbabwe (PEMTAWUZ – employee party)
- General Engineering, Smelting, Mining Engineering, Metal Iron Steel and Allied Workers Union of Zimbabwe (GESMEISAWUZ – employee party)
- Engineering Iron and Steel Association of Zimbabwe (EISAZ – employer party)
To be a platform for the advancement of social justice and democracy in the engineering, iron and steel industry, demonstrating professional and impartial respect and responsiveness to all stakeholders.
Effective promotion of harmonious and productive industrial relations within the Engineering Iron and Steel sector of Zimbabwe.
- Impartiality: Fairness
- Good Faith: Doing all things without malicious intentions
- Integrity: Adhering to the law and high moral values.
- Transparency: Open to scrutiny
- Innovation: Modern and fresh ideas
- Empathy: caring or people
- Stewardship: working for the industry
- Commitment: unwavering in our delivery of service